The firm represents business people in a wide variety of matters ranging from
- actions by and against corporations and/or partners
- actions involving directors and officers
- actions related to contracts, the UCC and consumer remedies
- unfair competition, business torts, including allegations of fraud, trade secret
- and intellectual property matters
Our experience includes representing clients in civil litigation in state and federal court, arbitration and mediation, as well as pre-litigation advice and services.
The firm has experience in representing real property owners and developers on a broad range of issues.
On the advice side of real property transactions, we have counseled clients on
- entity formation and structure
- and loan documentation matters.
We have also assisted clients in litigating real property disputes such as
- buy/sell disputes
- easements and infringements
- leasing disputes
- and real estate partnership/LLC disputes.
Labor & Employment
For business clients, the area of Labor and Employment law affects every facet of their operation. The firm has experience in counseling and advising clients on issues such as
- employment agreements
- employee hanbooks
- and management and compensation agreements
The firm also has experience in assisting companies with litigation and/or arbitration of labor and employment issues such as
- wrongful termination
- and unfair competition
Class Action Defense
Class action lawsuits allow a single plaintiff to bring an action on behalf of hundreds of thousands of similarly situated plaintiffs, and virtually no business is immune to these claims.
The firm has represented companies in defense of class actions brought under the Unfair Business Practice Act and common law claims for fraud and various torts.
The firm has also represented employers in defense of actions brought by or on behalf of employees for Labor Code violations, including wage and hour and meal/rest period violations.
The firm represents contractors and subcontractors in a broad range of construction law matters. We assist clients with legal issues beginning in the pre-construction phase, the construction of the project itself, and post-construction claims and litigation activities
We also advise on
- the California mechanic’s lien law
- stop notices and payment and performance bonds
The firm has significant experience representing clients in the litigation, arbitration and / or mediation of construction contract-related disputes for both public and private works projects such as
- bid protests
- defective work claims
- delay, disruption and acceleration claims
- extra / changed work claims
- mechanic’s liens
- stop notices and bond claims
- professional liability of architects and other professionals
- and state and federal false claims